How do you keep hair extensions healthy?
Top 7 Extension Hair Care Tips At Home
- Wash Your Extensions Correctly.
- Never Sleep With Wet Extensions.
- Always Brush Extensions With Care.
- Schedule A Weekly Conditioning Treatment.
- Minimise Heat Damage.
- Avoid Tangling While You Sleep.
- Separate The Bonds Daily.
What should you not put in hair extensions?
What Not to Use on Hair Extensions
- Sulphate shampoos. First and foremost, don’t use sulphate shampoos on your clip in hair extensions, or any extensions for that matter. …
- Bleach. Bleach is also a product not to use on clip in hair extensions. …
- Normal bristle brushes. …
- Products containing alcohol.
Why do my hair extensions get tangled so easily?
There are a number of reasons why your hair extensions might be matting. … The hair extensions are non remy and therefore the cuticle is damaged. The hair extensions have become dry and frizzy causing it is tangle more easily. The hair extensions have lost their natural oils and are therefore more difficult to manage.
Can I put oil on my hair extensions?
The truth is hair oils are absolutely beneficial to your hair as well as to your extensions when applied at the midshaft all the way to the tips. Just keep in mind not to apply them at the roots or at the weft bonds or else the microbeads or adhesives will break faster.
What is the best hair extensions for fine hair?
Tape hair extensions
Tape extensions are the best type for fine hair. Their flat bond offers a natural look that is easily blended in even the thinnest of hairs. Wefts are sandwiched between the natural hair and are secured in place with polyurethane tape secured close to the root.