What type of minoxidil is best?
1. Kirkland Signature Minoxidil Treatment. Kirkland Signature might be best known for giant boxes of nuts at Costco, but they also make the best minoxidil treatment on the market. It comes top-recommended from multiple outlets thanks to a strong 5% minoxidil formula and plenty of happy customers.
Is keeps foam or solution better?
Now here’s the most important similarity: Whether sold as a foam or as a solution, minoxidil is an FDA-approved treatment for male pattern baldness that works for approximately 70% of individuals. The foam and solution versions are equally effective at stopping hair loss (and even promoting regrowth for some men).
How do I know if minoxidil will work for me?
Generally speaking, it takes about 8 weeks of consistent use to start to see results with minoxidil. After 4 months of use, you should start to see the end of hair loss and start to see hair growth. If it’s been 4 months and you’re still seeing hair shedding, it may not be related to minoxidil.
Do you have to use minoxidil forever?
If the patient has androgenetic alopecia (male balding and female thinning), he or she will need to use minoxidil forever. If minoxidil is stopped, the hair will return to the way it once was and progressively get worse. In fact, all treatments for androgenetic alopecia are the same – use is forever.
What are the side effects of using Keeps?
- Chest pain or palpitations.
- Dizziness or fainting.
- Skin rash, blisters, or itching.
- Sudden weight gain.
- Swelling of the hands or feet.
What are the side effects of minoxidil 2.5 mg?
What Are Side Effects of Minoxidil?
- tiredness, and.
- temporary edema (swelling) while taking this medication, especially during the first few weeks as your body adjusts to the lower blood pressure. This is normal.
How much does keeps cost a month?
Keeps is a subscription model, and you pay for 3 months at a time. Your options are: Finasteride and minoxidil foam: $78 for the first 3 months, then $120 every 3 months.
Can you leave minoxidil on overnight?
Leave the minoxidil on your face for 4 hours. … As an aside, some people leave minoxidil on overnight. This is fine too. It’s completely up to you what to do.
How much minoxidil do I apply?
For hair growth:
- For topical solution dosage form: Adults—Apply 1 milliliter (mL) to the scalp two times a day. Children—Use and dose must be determined by the doctor.
- For topical foam dosage form: Adults—Apply half a capful to the scalp two times a day. Children—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor .